Thursday, April 26, 2012

Birthdays and Tacos

April is Birthday month.



Seriously. What is up with all the freakin' birthdays in April? Is July really that sexy of a month? (Yes do the math. 9 months before April is...JULY.)


Anyways in celebration of birthdays and of the B-E-A-UTIFUL spring weather that's entered Flag (ignoring the freak snow storm in the middle and the bi-polar weather today - sun. rain. snow. snowing rain. sun. snow. rain. sun. rain...) We had an "Ultimate" Taco party at the park last weekend.


We had Green Chile Pork - recipe via my wonderful Mother-in-love - and Carne Asada -from the market on 4th Street, Black Beans - recipe also from my MiL, and all the taco fixings that you would find at a taco stand in Mexico.


minus the sketchy veggies that is. Last time we were down there, eating at a taco stand we all concluded that a Taco Party needed to happen because how easy are tacos? (and cheap too!)



And what's a party without N's Famous Chocolate Chip Cookies? 


I would say Nick agrees.


Also Birthday Fun Cupcakes with SPRINKLES galore! (please ignore the creepy finger in the picture that I just noticed)


Some of the guys playing Ultimate. I didn't get many of these because I wasn't about to miss the fun. I think I took these while hoping the picnic bbq grill would light itself.


I would say it was a success. 


Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...