Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Good Eats

On a totally different note... I made this for dinner tonight and it was sooo good that I thought I would share it with all of you:

Lemony Pasta With Chicken and Spinach
4 servings (serving size: 2 cups)



  • 3  tablespoons  olive oil
  • 3  skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves
  • 3  thinly sliced medium red onions
  • 1/2  cup  golden raisins
  • 1 1/2  tablespoons  grated lemon rind
  • 2  teaspoons  minced peeled fresh ginger (or 1 t ground ginger)
  • 2  teaspoons  salt
  • 1 1/2  teaspoons  balsamic vinegar
  • 1/4  teaspoon  freshly ground black pepper
  • 9  ounces  uncooked pasta
  • 1  (6-ounce) package baby spinach
  • Pine nuts, toasted (optional)
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook until slightly browned on each side. Transfer with tongs to a cutting board. Cool; shred with hands into big chunks.

2. Combine onions, raisins, rind, ginger, and salt in a large skillet over medium heat; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in vinegar and pepper.
3. Cook pasta according to package directions. Stir in spinach, chicken, and pasta to onion mixture. Garnish with pine nuts, if desired.

I added green beans to the onion mixture and I'm sure it would be good with asparagus too. Also, I used orzo for my pasta and it made it kind of different. I didn't have pine nuts so I added some dry roasted almonds instead.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...