Saturday, January 29, 2011

StumbleUpon & Food Blogs...

... are not helpful creations on Saturdays when textbooks should be read and wedding decisions should be made, however I'm embracing a lack of productiveness and am off to make the Chocolate Fudge Pomegranate Cookies that I found on the wonderful food blog How Sweet It Is. She not only shares my love for chocolate, but is hilarious.

If you want the recipe here it is:

Chocolate Fudge Pomegranate Cookies

makes about 30 cookies
[photo by: How Sweet It Is]
1 cup butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons pomegranate juice (I didn't take the time to get this out of the arils and mine turned out fine)
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup pomegranate arils (these are the little seeds in pomegranates)

Cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until fluffy. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt, then pomegranate juice and mix until combined.
Fold in chocolate chips and arils. Refrigerate dough for 2-4 hours (or more). When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350, roll into balls and set on baking sheet.
Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. Let cool completely.

Be sure to check out some of her other recipes. I'm super excited to try her Apple Risotto With Toasted Pecans and I really want it to be someone's birthday so I can make the Cake Batter Pancakes.

[photo by: How Sweet It Is]
Wouldn't these be adorable for a birthday breakfast surprise?!?

Off to try to make some of the cute paper flowers I have in my head to have as my centerpieces...see I'm being semi-productive this afternoon (okay maybe not but I can pretend right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...