Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Projects of the Week

Because it's been like this off and on during the day for the last 2 weeks...

                  

I have been lazy not been able to finish these projects that I started a while ago. But that's changing this week! Remember those pallets that I told you about??? Welllll
                          

I took them apart! [Finally, N has been asking me for the last 2 weeks to take them apart "SOOOON", meaning "Honey please for the love of space take them apart NOW! I'm so sick of walking around them on our little porch!!" But he was oh so patient with me [I am in awe of how this man can love me with all my crazy ideas and projects] and let me take my sweet time.


He came home yesterday and gave me a HUGE kiss when he saw that they were gone from our porch and was impressed this morning when we got into the 4Runner and saw the decent pile of wood we I got from them [yes he helped with the first one the other day].

We're headed down to Phoenix this weekend to cut, sand, and build these boards into their new form using my father-in-love's tools because we are too short on space and $$$ to have the tools we need on hand. *sigh* someday... I promise to show you the step-by-step process and how it turns out, hand-on-my-heart-girl-scout-promise.


This mess is my other project to finish. Its one of those sunburst mirror things. After much searching, I finally found the perfect size round mirror. [We don't have Hobby Lobby up here or else that would have made my search easier]. And I started it using hot glue...however that didn't work out too well. The mirror didn't stay attached and pulled some of the skewers off...I'm going to try guerilla glue now and see if that works...

Once the sunburst thing get finished it will go on this project...

Found on Pinterest. Link is here.
This shelf/mantel is going above where N's desk and computer is with a collage of framed photos, the sunburst mirror and other things. 

So those are my projects for this week! I have a job training thing all next week on top of everything else, then a wedding in CA after that so it's now or never for these projects!

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...